Nominations are now open for Sound Generations’ annual Inspire Positive Aging award but the deadline is soon—Friday, May 8, 2020. An award nomination may be a meaningful way for you to honor an older person during Older Americans Month (May). Who do you know who fills this bill—age 60 or older, a resident of King County (Washington), and a model for:
- Community Service (someone who is a frequent and consistent volunteer, formal or informal)
- Advocacy & Activism (someone who promotes a cause or whose advocacy and civic participation has brought about positive change)
- Health & Wellness (someone who promotes fitness, healthy living, caregiving and/or emotional support)
- Intergenerational Impact (someone who improves life for younger people)
- Lifelong Learning (someone who inspires others to broaden their horizons through classes, creative expression, public education, or other endeavors)
- Defining Inspiration (someone who has inspired you in a unique way)
In previous years, the Inspire Positive Aging awards program has included a luncheon at a local hotel. Due to COVID-19, Sound Generations made the decision to hold a virtual LunchIN (online event) on June 10, 2020. For more information, visit the IPAA webpage or call Sound Generations at 206-448-5757.
Sound Generations is a nonprofit community-based organization serving Seattle and King County. Learn more at soundgenerations.org.