You Might Be Eligible for a Property Tax Reduction!
The Washington State Legislature has made major changes in the Senior Citizens Property Tax Relief program, and King County has made it easier to apply for this program.
The income limit is now indexed to 65 percent of the median household income in King County. The new limit is $58,423. This allows more people to be eligible for savings.
To qualify, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Born in 1959 or earlier, or
- Disabled and unable to work in 2019 or earlier
- Own the residence as of December 31, 2020
- Occupy as a primary residence nine months each year
Income (earned in 2020)
- Annual household income under the new threshold of $58,423, including Social Security and other sources (RCW 84.36.383(5))
And King County has made it easier and faster to apply for this program. You can apply online or visit TaxRelief.KingCounty.gov any time. For more information, or assistance with your online application, you can e-mail email@example.com or call 206-296-3920.
We know how crucial this tax relief program can be in terms of keeping older people in the homes they love.
Contributor John Wilson has served as King County Assessor since 2016. Read his previous AgeWise King County article (It’s Easier to Receive a Property Tax Reduction Now) in the February 2020 issue. For information about all the services available through the Office of the King County Assessor, click here.