Wow, we had a long, wet winter, didn’t we! Even spring has been pretty rainy and cool. But we should be having some warmer days soon.
For seniors, going out into the summer sunshine can be a real mood booster. Just take a few precautions to avoid a few warm weather pitfalls.
- Wear sunscreen and a sun hat to avoid sunburn.
- Drink plenty of water, but avoid alcoholic beverages.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from sun damage.
- On days when there’s an excessive heat warning, stay indoors.
- If your home isn’t air conditioned, go to a library, mall, or to a local cooling shelter.
- Know the symptoms of heat-related illness, and what to do if you suspect someone is suffering heat fatigue or heat stroke.
Heading out to the patio to enjoy the warm weather? Grab a glass of lemonade and print out this month’s puzzle, which contains the names of 20 fun summer activities and summer health reminders. Click here to download the puzzle.
Need a little help? Click here for the solution.
Source: IlluminAge Communication Partners; copyright 2017.