Sound Generations is now seeking nominations for their 17th Annual Inspire Positive Aging Awards. Nominations for the 2022 award are open to any individual aged 60 or older who lives in King County. People of all ages are invited to nominate an older adult—or multiple older adults—who inspires them. The nomination deadline is Tuesday, April 5.
“The Inspire Positive Aging Awards showcase older adults from throughout King County who inspire those around them to live their best lives and be their best selves,” Blue said. “This signature event helps to change the narrative of aging to be more expansive and positive. Our awardees are a testament to thriving with age.”
One example is Pushpakant Patel, who was awarded the Inspire Positive Aging Community Service award in 2021. For Pushpakant, age is just a number. At 82, he is active and helps people. When he moved to Seattle, he noticed that there were older adults who could not drive and felt compelled to help. He gives rides to older adults for any medical reason.
“Remaining an active member of one’s community is always important and valued, regardless of age,” said Blue. “There are many older people who, like Pushpakant, are indispensable to those around them and deserve to be honored and celebrated. The Inspire Positive Aging Award does just that!”
This year, Sound Generations will recognize recipients in the following six categories:
- Advocacy + Activism—Recognize someone committed to advancing his or her community through positive change.
- Community Service—Express your gratitude for someone who contributes time and energy to helping others.
- Health + Wellness—Celebrate someone who promotes healthy living and inspires you to do the same.
- Intergenerational Impact—Acknowledge the contributions of someone who works to improve the lives of people of all ages.
- Lifelong Learning—Show your appreciation for someone who inspires you to broaden your horizons.
- Defining Inspiration—Recognize a single person whose attributes have touched and inspired you in a unique way.
All nominees will be celebrated at an Inspire Positive Aging Awards luncheon on June 16, 2022, at the Seattle Airport Marriott. The luncheon brings together hundreds of people from diverse communities throughout King County virtually and, if gathering limits permit, in person. We will prioritize the event for nominees and their guests to ensure a smaller event capacity, while ensuring COVID-19 precautions are in place.
Each of the six award recipients will receive a $200 Visa gift card and each person who nominated an award winner will receive a $50 gift card.
The nomination form is available at inspire-award.org. Forms must be received or postmarked by April 5, 2022.
Requests for hard copies of the form or questions regarding the awards may be directed to IPAA@soundgenerations.org.