Nominate Someone You Admire for an ‘Inspire Positive Aging’ Award
Nominations are now open for Sound Generations’ annual Inspire Positive Aging award but the deadline is soon—Friday, May 8, 2020. An award nomination may be a meaningful way for you to honor an older person during Older Americans Month (May). Who do you know who fills this bill—age 60 or older, a resident of King County (Washington), and a model for:
- Community Service (someone who is a frequent and consistent volunteer, formal or informal)
- Advocacy & Activism (someone who promotes a cause or whose advocacy and civic participation has brought about positive change)
- Health & Wellness (someone who promotes fitness, healthy living, caregiving and/or emotional support)
- Intergenerational Impact (someone who improves life for younger people)
- Lifelong Learning (someone who inspires others to broaden their horizons through classes, creative expression, public education, or other endeavors)
- Defining Inspiration (someone who has inspired you in a unique way)
To read more about these award categories and access the online nomination form, click here. Find the official award program rules here.
Get inspired to nominate by reading about the 2019 and 2018 Inspire Positive Aging award recipients. Anyone can nominate another person. You cannot nominate yourself.
In previous years, the Inspire Positive Aging awards program has included a luncheon at a local hotel. Due to COVID-19, Sound Generations made the decision to hold a virtual LunchIN (online event) on June 10, 2020. For more information, visit the IPAA webpage or call Sound Generations at 206-448-5757.
Sound Generations is a nonprofit community-based organization serving Seattle and King County. Learn more at soundgenerations.org.