Veterans, Seniors and Human Services Levy Open Houses
The Veterans, Seniors and Human Services Levy (VSHSL) is hosting a series of in-person open houses across King County for community members to learn more about the VSHSL and VSHSL-funded services provided in their community. Nine in-person open houses and one virtual open house will be held in May and early June.
The VSHSL funds a wide range of programs that help people and families transition to affordable housing, get job training, find employment, access emergency financial assistance, obtain domestic violence advocacy, receive behavioral health treatment, and other resources and services. You can learn more about the levy in the VSHSL Visual Guide.
VSHSL Open House Calendar
The VSHSL open houses create space for VSHSL providers to share information about their organizations with community members and other local community organizations, offer networking opportunities, and provide an update on VSHSL renewal plans. These events are open to all King County residents. No registration is necessary to attend.
- Thursday, May 4 (10:15–11:15 a.m.): VSHSL Summit Virtual Open House (Zoom)
- Wednesday, May 10 (3:00–4:30 p.m.): Enumclaw Community Center, 350 Cole St, Enumclaw WA 98022
- Thursday, May 18 (5:30–7:00 p.m.): Auburn Senior Activity Center, 808 9th St SE, Auburn WA 98002
- Wednesday, May 24 (3:30–5:00 p.m.): Bethaday Community Learning Center at Thurnau Memorial Park (White Center), 605 SW 108th St, Seattle WA 98146
- Wednesday, May 31 (3:00–4:30 p.m.): Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N 85th St, Seattle WA 98103
- Wednesday, June 7 (5:30–7:00 p.m.): Kent Memorial Park Building, 850 Central Ave N, Kent WA 98032
Interested in sharing your work at a VSHSL Open House?
VSHSL-funded providers are invited to participate in open houses and share information about their organization and VSHSL-funded services. Meet and connect with other service organizations and providers, and community members. Table space for outreach may be limited. Organizations based in the community where an open house is scheduled will receive priority. To register for a table, click here.
Accessibility and Accommodation
To request language access services or another accommodation (free of charge), e-mail Taylor Gaston at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. VSHSL staff will do their best to provide requested accommodations.
For more information
You are invited to follow the King County Department of Community and Human Services on Instagram (@KingCountyDCHS) and follow the King County Veterans Program on Facebook and Instagram (@KingCountyVetsProgram) for updates and news about the VSHSL.